Onlincolnshire provides this unofficial discussion forum intended for use by residents, businesses, and communities within Lincolnshire – who are interested in improving broadband connectivity within the county.
Please bear in mind that any views expressed on the forum are those of the individual and not necessarily those of the Onlincolnshire team or Lincolnshire County Council.
Conditions of Use for the Onlincolnshire Forum
This policy is intended to help create an atmosphere in which freedom of speech is balanced by self-discipline and a mature attitude to discussion.
All interested parties are encouraged to join discussions on the Onlincolnshire Forum ("the forum").
Advice given with the best of intentions by other users of the forum may not always be correct.
Therefore any and all information you receive through the forum or via private messages, email etc. is always given on the condition that you 'use it at your own risk'.
The Onlincolnshire Team and agents of the forum will not be held responsible for any consequences of the use of such advice.
Opinions expressed within these forums are not necessarily the opinions of the forum owner(s) or any individuals directly or indirectly involved in this website or the companies and individuals associated with it.
No responsibility is taken or assumed for any comments or statements made on this or any associated or related bulletin board owned by RE:Media Limited.
The personal information of our contributors will be kept private except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal reasons.
Use of the Forum by persons aged less than 16 years old
The forum is intended for persons aged 16 years or older. Persons younger than this are welcome to register and participate but must abide by the forum rules at all times and contact one of the moderating team to inform them of their age.
The Onlincolnshire Team normally works from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday and any forum posts entered outside these days will be approved by the following business day.
Forum Rules Definitions
"Onlincolnshire" means the website known as Onlincolnshire.
"Forum" means the discussion forum maintained on Onlincolnshire.
"Terms of Service" means this document and any additions or amendments to it.
"Member" means a person who has been granted a login name and password to Onlincolnshire
Before posting on the Forum a user is required to register as a Member.
No Member or person applying to be a Member shall represent himself/herself as another person.
- The Forum is intended primarily for topics relating to digital connectivity in Lincolnshire.
- Members should keep to topic.
- If a Member makes a contribution to the Forum that is inappropriate to the subject under discussion then the Member may be directed by Forum Moderators
- Through moderation, Onlincolnshire reserves the right to modify, remove or relocate any post by a Member.
- Moderators decision shall be final.
Conduct of Discussion
Messages posted on the Forum must not be:
- The use of swear words or any undue profanity is prohibited.
Members must not post anything that is, or could reasonably be interpreted as:
Members must not post anything that, if it were posted, would:
- Contravene any law of the United Kingdom
- Expose the Onlincolnshire website to liability, be it civil or criminal or both
Members must not
- Make reference to the personality of another person
- Attack another person's character unless the person in question has already brought his or her personality into the issue under discussion.
- Members must not engage in one-to-one arguments, disagreements or disputes of a personal nature.
Members remain legally responsible for any messages they may post.
Members and any other users of the website agree to indemnify them and the Onlincolnshire Team and any sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of:
- Any other intellectual property right
- Committed in connection with their use of the Forum.
Views Expressed to be Those of Members
The views expressed in any message on the Forum are those of the Member who published them and not of the Forum, the website, the Onlincolnshire Team or any other person.
- Except with consent of that person, Members must not post private information about another person.
- Subject to the following exception no advertising of products or services, or any other thing, is permitted.
- Within the context of any relevant discussion, information about locating and sharing specific products, businesses and expertise is permitted.
Onlincolnshire Team's Right to Edit etc. Messages and Members
- The Onlincolnshire Team retains the absolute right to edit, amend, modify, relocate, remove or otherwise change any message posted on the Forum for any reason.
- The Onlincolnshire Team retains the absolute right to ban any Member from the forum, either on a temporary or permanent basis, should they consider it necessary.
- The Onlincolnshire Team need not supply a member with a reason as to why they have exercised their powers under this section.
- The Onlincolnshire Team's decision is final.
Any person who has a complaint in relation to the forum or the website may contact any member of the Onlincolnshire Team.
The use of the website shall be governed by the laws of England.
This policy was last updated on 20th January 2011