We do recognise that some communities are suffering with poor connectivity. However, the Lincolnshire Broadband Plan aims to achieve superfast broadband for 90% of premises in Lincolnshire and a minimum of 2mbps for the remaining 10%. It is the council's intention, though, to continue to seek additional investment to secure universal superfast broadband across the county by 2017. Â
I would also strongly recommend that you encourage everyone in your area to register their interest for improved broadband on www.onlincolnshire.org
. In June we will be going to procurement and the need to show there is demand for faster broadband will continue to be important. This will help provide potential suppliers with evidence that there is sufficient demand for better broadband provision, and help our negotiation with suppliers. The weekly newsletter that is sent to your email will provide you with more information about the Local Broadband Plan as it becomes available over the next six months. Â
There is a leaflet that you can download from the front page of the website that you can use to encourage others to register. However, if it is difficult for you to download due to your low speed, please let us know through the forum and I can contact you directly so we can post you some leaflets. I see that Conningsby has 12 registrations, so maybe this could be a way of getting those numbers up.